First Pre Tanzania Blog

Hello,

My name is Karsen Williams, I am 16 years old and I am a junior at Battle Mountain High School in Edwards, Colorado. I love to spend time with my family and friends as well as being active within my community in sports and activities. I like to play Soccer, Basketball and Men’s Volleyball. My soccer season just ended with an unfortunate loss in the first round of the playoffs, we were the 5th seed and we lost to the 28th seed. My basketball season is about to start which I am excited about and Volleyball which I play with Vail Mountain School is not until the spring. I also participate in Best Buddies where you befriend kids with special needs within your school and Small Champions, a local organization that gives kids with special needs, the ability to participate in activities such as skiing, rock climbing and swimming. My family consists of my brother Kaden, who is also working with CGA this year, my mom Carrie, and my dad Todd. I enjoy spending time with them on the weekend and playing board games or cribbage with them.  
This will be my third year with Children's Global Alliance and I am going to be working in Tanzania. To be involved with these trips, requires dedication and time when you don't always have a lot of it. After working very hard to fundraise throughout the year, you feel like you are done and have reached your final goal, but really you haven't even started. Once on the trip, you really pour your heart into the kids you’re working with and give them everything you can. These trips have really made me a better person and influenced who I want to be and what I want to do when I am older, which definitely is going to involve helping those in need. The last two years I have gone to Morocco and Cambodia and the trips were amazing. I made many new friends, experienced multiple new cultures and ways of life, and I am excited to expand on those in Tanzania. I am curious how similar Morocco in North West Africa will be to Tanzania in East Africa. A challenge I will face and hope to overcome while I'm there is my teaching. I have had some difficulty with teaching the past two years and I know it will be a challenge awaiting me in Tanzania this year as well, but I am ready for it! CGA, the program I am working with, brings kids all across the globe for them to teach English and inspire the kids in need in other countries. Children’s Global Alliance is a 501(C)3 nonprofit program based in Vail, Colorado. Their goal is to develop a global readiness in the kids in our community as well as, introduce relief and education into the lives of poverty stricken kids. If you would like to visit the website to learn more please visit www.childrensglobalalliance.org and if you have any questions for me please email me at score0202@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Karsen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Influence of Money

Surrounded

Some Inspiration from Benard